Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Picha zote kwa hisani ya Jackson Odoyo....
Hata hivyo.. kitu kimoja cha kushangaza ni kwamba matukio mengi ya ukatili wa namna kama hii dhidi ya watoto yaliyoripotiwa katika vyombo vya habari yanawahusisha au yamefanywa na akinamama. Wanawake hawa japokuwa wapo mstari wa mbele kudai na kutetea haki za watoto... kwa upande mwingine wamekuwa wakididimiza haki hizo kwa kuwatendea ukatili kama huu... hebu angalia hizi takwimu hapo chini.....
Incidents on Child abuse that shocked nation this year.
Below are some of the incidents of Child brutality by parents or guardians reported in the media recently. However, many other cases go unreported. But one may notice in such events that women, who are mothers, had been mostly reported to have carried out such cruelty to their children.
· May 17 - Police in Ruvuma arrested Asha Salum after she was allegedly slashed and seriously injured her four children using a machete. The reason was that they eat cooked rice she had anticipated to eat herself after imbibing alcohol. One child later died in hospital.
· April 30 – A woman said to be mentally retarded killed her three children with an axe in Longuo Ward in Moshi municipality.
· April 13 - Zuwena Mahamudu, 29, used a red-hot knife to burn her eight-year old Standard two son’s feet for alleged mischief.
· April 19 – A child left as a guarantee for a borrowed dress by her mother in Arusha was seriously burnt in her private parts to compensate for the delay by her mother to return the said piece of cloth.
· April 16 – A 68-year old Amina Mughubi was jailed for three years for burning her three-year old daughter in her private parts using a boiled egg over superstition.
· March 4 - Jesca Maiko, 20, a resident of Geita District in Mwanza Region was arraigned after she strangled to death a three-year old co-wife’s daughter.
· March 11 – A 37-year old Bar maid at Buguruni in Dar es Salaam severely cut her daughter’s legs, hands and buttocks after she forgot to close a door when she went to sleep.
· February 8 - A step mother at Lwega village in Rukwa region severely beat a 7-years old step daughter after she had cooked vegetable seeds. She then hung her up-side-down on a tree where she later died.
· January 13 - A five-year old girl died in Mwanza municipality of injuries sustained after was severe beaten by her mother for soiling her clothes.
· January 8 - Mwanisha Yahaya of Dar es Salaam’s Kimara suburb was charged for applying super glued on the private parts of her seven-year old daughter. The woman was furious on her daughter’s frequent soiling.
Source: The Citizen newpaper.